Preliminary reports indicate a big mess in New Orleans. Many e-voting machines are failing to work. Some polling places have no working machines. Voters are being given provisional ballots, but some polling places are running out of provisional ballots.
A local TV station has a list of problems called in by viewers. A sample:
- 9th Ward 43A Osbourne School: 3 machines, 1 working; also, no machines working at 43D
- 1949 Duels Street Run out of Provisional Ballots
- 3411 Broadway, Terrell Mary Church magnet school: voter says only one machine working.
- 3900 Louisiana: machines not working
- George Mondy School - 2327 St. Phillip - machine broken and voters in precinct 0605 cannot vote.
- Jackson School (ward 1 Precinct 1) No keys for machines
UPDATE (2:50 PM): Another local story seems to confirm the problems.
These stories are inconsistent with statements by the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office that there are only two confirmed reports of failing machines (quoted in an AP story).
We can only hope that the three stories are not all true. If they are all true, then there are serious problems, and the Secretary of State’s office doesn’t know about them.
1 Comment »
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://evoting-experts.com/wp-login.php/wp-admin/wp-admin/wp-admin/wp-admin/wp-trackback.php/wp-trackback.php/wp-trackback.php/wp-trackback.php/wp-trackback.php/wp-trackback.php/33
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>